Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Archives: Tiny Dancer vs. The Pager

November 2nd Year:

Sleepless nights are nothing new for me. The things that have changed since the arrival of my lady love: the sound of the awakening agent and the frequency of said nights. Before inundating you with more evidence of my 'new parent picture-taking hysteria', I thought I'd analyze the nature of both types of night-time interruptions to decide which is preferable. (And, yes, I do realize that the outcome is obvious from the outset. Please exercise the willing suspension of disbelief as we go through the following blog exercise.)

#1
Pager: Beeps can reliably be stopped with the press of a button.
TD: Cries do often responds to bouncing/feeding/diaper changing, but would not call this responding 'reliable'.

#2
Pager: Sometimes requires me to leave not only my bed but my house and to drive to a hospital.
TD: Mercifully allows mom to meet most of her night-time needs from the comfort of her bed or her comfy rocking chair.

#3
Pager: Cannot generally be counted on to be quiet for at least two hour intervals.
TD: Cannot generally be counted on to be quiet for at least two hour intervals (although to be fair to her and the pager, they have each at times given me up to five hours of quiet).

#4
Pager: Gets passed on to the next resident for a few days in between visits
TD: Would be very sad (and hungry) if she was to get passed on to anyone but mama for a night

#5
Pager:Looks like this. (see above picture.)
TD: Looks like this. (see above picture as well as glut of pictures below).

#6
Pager: Made of Plastic
TD: Flesh of my flesh, bone of my bones

#7
Pager:Prompts me to call people who are frequently frustrating and occassionally crazy.
TD: Prompts me to cuddle an adorable infant who I am sure will never be frustrating or drive her parents crazy.

#8
Pager: Cannot be taken care of by dear hubby.
TD: Responds quite well to diaper changes and burp sessions by Daddy.

#9
Pager: Looks like this. (again see above picture.)
TD: Looks like this (I'm not sure this point can be underscored enough.)

#10
Pager: Will hopefully one day be a thing of the past
TD: Will occupy my heart forever. (What? You thought I'd make it through this entire post without getting sentimental?)

Congratulations, Tiny Dancer! Your prize is a lifetime supply of diaper changes, feedings, hugs, night-time soothings and...well, a lifetime of those who love you meeting your needs the way our lovely parents did for us. :) A grand prize, indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment